Henna brows are today’s modern approaches to eyebrow restoration and overall beautification. Are you a skeptic who has always wondered what henna eyebrows are? Well, good news for you! You have come to the right place! Today, let us know more about henna brows – this article is your complete guide to this fantastic eyebrow beautification technique. Continue reading until the end and discover if henna brows can also work for you.
What are Henna Brows?
Henna brows use henna – a dye from the Lawsonia inermis plant, called the henna tree. This particular henna plant has already been used for ages in beautification techniques like body art, hair dye, and makeup.
Nowadays, our generation has become obsessed with henna brows. This treatment is among the latest beauty trends, following in the footsteps of semi-permanent makeup techniques like microblading, which are procedures done for the eyebrows. When this technique is used on the skin, the tint stains it, which makes it perfect for use on the eyebrows.
Henna brows are natural alternatives to traditional brow tint treatments and use plant extracts rather than harsh chemicals, making these treatments popular for sensitive skin patients. In addition, henna brows are also vegan-friendly, and instead of just tinting the eyebrow hairs themselves, they will also help fill in your eyebrows by tinting your skin, giving an almost 3D effect.
Benefits of Henna Brows
There are several benefits to having henna brows done, such as the following:
- Your brows will look natural and subtly tinted, perfect for those who want to avoid the infamous ‘Instagram brow’ look.
- This procedure helps define and shape your brows, a great thing if you have already over-plucked them or are naturally relatively thin.
- It also nourishes the skin and hair follicles, helping to keep them healthy.
- They can last up to two (2) weeks on the skin and up to six (6) weeks on the hair, giving longer-lasting results than regular brow tints.
- Henna brows have similar effects to the Ombre Brow style, so they are great ways to try out new brow shapes before committing to something more permanent.
- If you already had microblading before but have yet to be ready for an annual touch-up, henna brows can refresh your eyebrows until your next microblading appointment.
How Henna Brows Work
Henna brows are tinting that stains the skin giving you tinted hairs for up to 6 weeks, and a tint on the skin can last anywhere from two to ten (2-10) days. It’s a fantastic way to try out a shape before committing to semi-permanent makeup or if you want your eyebrows shaped and filled temporarily.
Henna Brow Process
The henna brow process is the same as waxing and tinting your brows. In general, here are the standard steps of what to expect for having henna brows before and after your treatment:
- Before you receive your treatment, you will need a patch test at least 48 hours in advance.
- First, your brows will be cleansed, removing dirt and oil residues from your skin and ensuring that your skin is also ready for the henna brow treatment.
- Next, your eyebrows will be measured by your practitioners and shaped depending on your preferences.
- They will then apply a white paste around your eyebrows. The paste acts as a barrier, ensuring your brand-new eyebrow shape will have defined lines.
- The henna is to be applied in the most delicate part of the process. Practitioners will push it onto the skin to ensure it evenly fills your brows to give a fuller effect, and then, it will be left to develop for the next couple of minutes, between 10 – 20 minutes.
- Once the henna has developed, it will be wiped away by your practitioner.
- Finally, the last stage involves your eyebrows waxed, threaded, or tweezed, leaving them with a high-definition result.
Frequently Asked Questions About Henna Brows
“How long is a henna brow service?”
A standard henna brow service takes roughly around 30 minutes or less! Plus, with most formulas, you can pair henna brow tints with brow lamination services. This combination gives clients a total eyebrow transformation in just half an hour!
“How long do henna brows last?”
Henna brows will leave tints on your skin for two to ten (2-10) days and tint your brow hairs for up to six (6) weeks. This period is almost twice as long as regular tint, providing great temporary ways to shape and fill your eyebrows. Plus, this time frame also makes henna brows a great way to try out a particular shape if you are considering semi-permanent makeup such as microblading.
“Are henna brows easy to use?”
Not every henna brow product is created equal, but generally, henna brows are designed to be incredibly easy for spa professionals. All you need is hot water to activate the product, plus a cotton pad and warm water to remove it.
“Will henna brows turn my eyebrows a reddish-brown?”
You’re probably familiar with henna body art, also known as Mehndi, used in many ancient traditions. The henna dye stains the skin orange to start and darkens over days to a deep reddish-brown due to oxidation.
But fear not. By using high-quality henna brow products, your eyebrows will not turn bright orange or change color over time. With most henna brow formulas that contain other plant-based ingredients, including Cassia Obovata and Indigofera Tinctoria, your procedure will work alongside the henna to ensure consistent colors that do not oxidize over time. Your eyebrows will remain true to color.
“Who are henna brow services good for?”
One of the best things about a henna brow service is that it’s an excellent service for almost everyone! From old to young to clients with lots, or small hair, henna brows are a great non-invasive, non-permanent eyebrow coloring solution for anyone.
The only people we don’t recommend a henna brow service for are anyone with broken skin or skin disorders near the eyebrow, G6PD deficiency, or Seborrheic dermatitis. For customers with sensitive skin, experts recommend conducting a patch test 24 hours before service to ensure no sensitivities after receiving their henna brows.
Final Thoughts on Henna Brows
Henna brows are a great way of achieving better-shaped, more defined brows. It’s a longer-lasting alternative to regular brow tints, and it stains the skin and hair, so it is ideal for filling in gaps in your brows.
If you are interested in experiencing henna brows, our amazing friends at Skynn Deep Beauty and Aesthetics can help you today.